Located about 2 hours west of Washington DC and Baltimore, and 3 hours south of Pittsburgh, you’ll find our beautiful lakeside Bed and Breakfast, located on Deep Creek Lake. Carved into the quiet mountains of western Maryland, Deep Creek Lake is a popular vacation destination year-round. During the summer, there are innumerable activities to enjoy on or near the lake, like hiking, biking, kayaking, canoeing, and fishing. When the winter snows hit, skiers descent upon Wisp Resort, located just across the street from our Inn. The spring is a delightful time to watch mother nature come to life again after a long and frozen winter. And then there’s fall; a truly spectacular season bursting with color. If Deep Creek Lake is not yet on your radar as a spectacular place to enjoy Maryland’s fall splendor, it should be. Now is the perfect time to plan for a fall getaway to our Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today!
Fall Foliage Near Deep Creek Lake
Though no surprise to those of us who enjoy fall in Deep Creek Lake each year, this area has actually been listed as Maryland’s top destination to view fall foliage. This fall, it could be your turn to enjoy sitting by the lake, and summer fades away into fall. Fall offers the perfect weather for hiking and biking, and the colorful roads and trails are your reward. Here are our favorite places to view fall foliage near the Lake Pointe Inn Bed and Breakfast:
- Hike up to the Thayerville Fire Tower in Deep Creek Lake State Park. At the top, you’ll enjoy a stunning view of Deep Creek Lake and its surrounding fall foliage. For more leaf-peeping, take to the trails at any one of the seven state parks surrounding Deep Creek Lake.
- Stop in at Swallow Falls State Park. The colorful autumnal hues offer the perfect contrast with the roaring waters of Maryland’s tallest free-falling waterfall.
- Take in dramatic views of the fall foliage below, from Maryland’s tallest point at Hoyes Crest.
- Get adventurous and go mountain biking at Fork Run Recreation Area, enjoying the colorful fall leaves as you go.
- When you want to have some fall-themed fun and celebrate the beauty of the fall season, head to the annual Autumn Glory Festival. It’s been ranked the #1 fall festival in America by MSN.
- Take a scenic drive around the Deep Creek Lake area.
- Ride the chairlift to the top of Wisp Resort, and take in the incredible fall views from the top.
Above all else, take the time to enjoy the colorful fall foliage from our beautiful lakefront Bed and Breakfast, located on the quiet shores of Deep Creek Lake. Enjoy our outdoor fire pit and wrap-around porch, with the fiery hues of autumn all around. While the weather is still nice, take in the fall colors aboard our pontoon boat, or the kayaks, canoes, and bicycles we have available for use. This fall, it’s your turn to enjoy an unforgettable vacation at our beautiful Bed and Breakfast on the shores of Deep Creek Lake. Book your room today!