The Lake Pointe Inn Bed and Breakfast is the perfect fall getaway destination. Whether you’re coming from Baltimore, Washington D.C., or Philadelphia, you’re within a few hours of pure bliss at our lakefront Bed and Breakfast. Come enjoy the fall with us, breath in the crisp, fresh air, and soak up the colorful hues of fall. Deep Creek Lake ranks as one of the top destinations in Maryland to see fall colors. It truly doesn’t get much better than this. There are some incredible hiking trails to take near Deep Creek Lake, each of which will leave you feeling refreshed and invigorated, ready to tackle all that lies ahead this season. Experience the best of fall with us, and book your room at our Deep Creek Lake Bed and Breakfast today.
8 Great Fall Hiking Trails Near Deep Creek Lake
Whether you’re an avid hiker or just love a casual stroll through the woods, Deep Creek Lake is the perfect getaway destination this fall. It doesn’t get much better than leaf-peeping on your own two feet, where you can truly get up close and personal with Mother Nature and her grand displays of fall. Deep Creek Lake State Park itself is a popular destination, especially as it’s the largest state park in Maryland, but there are plenty of other wonderful hiking trails to consider, both on and off the beaten path. Here are our 8 favorite hiking trails for you to consider when you visit our Deep Creek Lake Bed and Breakfast this fall:
- Deep Creek Lake State Park is a top hiking destination in the state of Maryland, and for good reason. Yes, it’s the largest of the state parks. It also happens to offer some extraordinary views of the Deep Creek Lake area, especially when it’s lit up for fall. Popular hiking trails in the park include Beckman’s Trail, the Meadow Mountain Trail, and the Indian Turnip Trail.
- Try the Lostland Run Trail in the Potomac-Garrett State Park. It’s a seven-mile trip and will take you alongside a babbling brook to Cascade Falls, and to the top where you’ll enjoy breathtaking views of the river and mountain from the Potomac Overlook.
- Follow the Swallow Falls State Park Canyon Trail along the Youghiogheny River all the way to Muddy Creek Falls and onto Swallow Falls. The fall foliage here is beautiful. There’s also a path that leads to Tolliver Falls if you’re looking to make your adventure a little longer.
- Extend your trip from Swallow Falls State Park to Herrington Manor State Park. There’s a 5-mile hiking trail that connects the two and travels through the scenic Garrett State Forest.
- For a truly simple adventure when you stay at our Deep Creek Lake Bed and Breakfast, head across the street to Wisp Resort. There are 8-miles of trails to explore at Wisp Resort during the fall, each of which offers stunning views of the lake below. There are also guided hikes available at the resort.
- The Green Trail at New Germany State Park is well worth the trip and is a great choice for novice hikers. They even offer guided hikes with a park naturalist, and there are other hiking trails in the park if you want to add to your experience.
- If you’re looking for nature in its purest form without all of the foot traffic you’ll find at places like Deep Creek Lake State Park or Swallow Falls State Park, head to Savage River State Forest. The fall colors will absolutely delight, and it’s hard to beat the serenity you’ll find in this off the beaten path gem.
- Another lesser-known hiking area near Deep Creek Lake is the Fork Run Recreation Area. The beautifully wooded trails are gorgeous during the fall months.
The Best Deep Creek Lake Lodging
Of course, you’re welcome to stay right here at our Deep Creek Lake Bed and Breakfast and absorb the magical beauty of fall from our lakefront Inn. We have an outdoor fire pit and a wrap-around porch for your enjoyment and offer a daily afternoon cruise aboard the pontoon boat (conditions and weather permitting), kayaks, canoes, and bicycles, all available to you at no extra cost. Take pampering to a whole new level in our dedicated massage room. Most importantly, relax, knowing we have taken care of all the small details. This fall, go beyond the ordinary and into the extraordinary at our Deep Creek Lake Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today!