If you’re looking for things to do in Maryland this winter, you’re in luck. The Deep Creek Lake area, located in McHenry Maryland, is the perfect wintry destination, with a variety of fun things to do. There are 25 miles of cross country ski trails in the area, downhill skiing and snowboarding at local resorts, miles of gorgeous, wooded hikes that are best explored on snowshoes, ice fishing, romantic sleigh rides, and so much more.
The Deep Creek Lake area is an exceptional destination no matter the season. Add to your winter adventures a stay at our romantic Bed and Breakfast, located right on the shores of Deep Creek Lake, and you have the perfect winter getaway. When it’s time to come inside after a day of playing in the snow, bring the pampering indoors at our Deep Creek Lake bed and breakfast lodge and Retreat. Our inn has a massage room, steam shower and sauna available just for you! There are no accommodations as luxurious and romantic as ours. Come see it for yourself, and book a room at our Deep Creek Lake Bed and Breakfast.
10 Things to do This Winter at Deep Creek Lake
If you’ve only ever visited Deep Creek Lake in Maryland during the summer months, you’re missing out on an exceptionally special season. Deep Creek Lake is an extraordinary 4-season destination, and perfect for anyone who loves to play in the snow. This winter, come join us at our luxury Bed and Breakfast, and see what this incredible area has to offer!
With an average snowfall of 120 inches, Garrett County Maryland surpasses even Anchorage, AK and Denver, CO for annual snowfall totals. Get in on the fun this year, and enjoy 1 or more of these 10 fun things to do in the winter here at Deep Creek Lake!
- Go skiing at Wisp Resort! It’s right across the street from our Bed and Breakfast, and offers skiers and snowboarders more than 32 slopes overlooking Deep Creek Lake. There’s even more great skiing in nearby Canaan Valley.
- Go tubing, also located at Wisp Mountain Resort. They provide the tube and offer a conveyor to get you to the top. The tubing runs are an incredible 750 feet long! While you’re there, you might as well hop on the mountain coaster and enjoy even more snowy fun.
- Go cross country skiing! There are miles of trails in the area, but the most popular are at Wisp Resort, Herrington Manor State Park, and New Germany State Park.
- Take a snowshoe hike through the woods, and revel in the unbelievable solitude of winter at Deep Creek Lake. The local area boasts seven state parks with over 70,000 acres of public land suitable for setting out on snowshoes. We even have some for you to borrow while staying at our Deep Creek Lake Bed and Breakfast. All Earth Eco Tours even offers snowshoe tours during the winter months.
- Go ice fishing! The lake encompasses 3,900 acres, 69 miles of shoreline and has a depth of 25 ft. This beautiful frozen tundra during the winter is the perfect place for some ice fishing during the winter. Scores of anglers brave the elements each season to cut a hole in the ice and try their hand at this unique winter sport. Ice fishing requires a license or permit that can be obtained at many local merchants.
- Take a romantic horse-drawn sleigh ride with Pleasant Valley Dream Rides.
- Release some adrenaline and go snowmobiling. You’re welcome to bring your own, but there are also snowmobiles for rent in the area. You’ll need to have a current ORV sticker to ride the lake or any state trails.
- Take a hike to Swallow Falls State Park, and enjoy the incredible ice formations at the frozen waterfall.
- Hark back to the days of your childhood, and go sledding at Blackwater Falls State Park. Talk about the ultimate sledding hill! You get to travel uphill via conveyer, and they have sleds for rent on-site if you didn’t bring your own.
- You don’t have to go far to enjoy some indulgent pampering on Deep Creek Lake. Our Bed and Breakfast offers on-site massages in our massage room, as well as a sauna for your pleasure.
The Best Bed and Breakfast at Deep Creek Lake
Whether you’ve come for skiing or just to enjoy the wintry wonderland of Deep Creek Lake this season, you’ll see in an instant why our Bed and Breakfast is the perfect weekend getaway near Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, DC. Come experience this magical winter wonderland with this fun list of things to do this winter. Book your room at our Deep Creek Lake Bed and Breakfast today!