One of the biggest draws to this part of the country during the Autumn months is the stunning Maryland fall foliage. Folks in this area love to celebrate the changing of the leaves, and this year marks the 55th annual Autumn Glory Festival in Oakland, MD. The five-day festive event includes parades, scenic drive routes, a “turkey trail” where you can find the best turkey dinners, and much more!
The small towns surrounding Deep Creek Lake are often listed in major publications as some of the best places to see Maryland fall foliage. In 2021, Travel & Leisure listed Oakland as one of the “Best Small Towns in the U.S. to See Fall Foliage.” This also led to the Autumn Glory Festival being featured on the Today Show. You genuinely need to see these bright yellow, orange, and red hues in person!
First, you’ll want to secure your lodging in the Deep Creek Lake area, and our lakefront bed and breakfast is one of the best places to stay to enjoy the fantastic Maryland fall foliage. Not only will you see these stunning colors on our property, but the view across the reflective water is breathtaking in the autumn months. Our cozy Deep Creek Lake B&B offers guest rooms and suites with fireplaces, comfortable beds, and luxury en suite baths. Everything you’ll need for a restful and rejuvenating fall getaway!
Start planning for the Autumn Glory Festival 2022 and book your stay today!
Celebrate Maryland Fall Foliage at the Festival
The festivities for the Autumn Glory Festival kick off on October 12th and continue through the 16th. The calendar of events is packed with fun fall harvest activities, excellent dining options, and exciting ways to celebrate the Maryland fall foliage.
Here’s what not to miss at the Autumn Glory Festival :
- Glorious Harvest Farmer’s Market: Operating each of the five days of the festival, this farmer’s market is a must. Head to the outdoor Mt. Fresh Pavilion in downtown Oakland to check out the homegrown produce, fall flowers, baked goods, locally made products, and crafts.
- Fireman’s Parade & Celebration: There’s no better way to join in on the small-town festivities than with a parade. Hit the food trucks, listen to live music, and watch the show!
- Cove Run Farm’s Corn Maze: A yearly tradition for many locals, experience the fun of weaving your way through the corn stalks on this half-mile maze.
- Live Music at Moonshadow: On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, this local Deep Creek restaurant offers live music to pair with their scratch-made menus, craft cocktails, and friendly service.
- Autumn Glory Fallmania in McHenry: If you’re on the hunt for antiques and collectibles, this fall harvest expo in downtown McHenry is an excellent place to start.
- Horseback Trail Rides: Circle R Ranch offers horseback rides through the bright forests of colorful leaves—advanced reservations are needed!
The Best Maryland Fall Foliage Driving Tours:
There are two main routes for the best Maryland fall foliage in Southern and Northern Garrett County. These self-guided tours are about 40 miles long and head on some of the most scenic byways around Deep Creek Lake. Each route heads by notable landmarks like Swallow Falls State Park, historical sites, Monroe Run Outlook, the Deep Creek Lake Discovery Center, and much more. You’ll find some fantastic photo opportunities with this incredible Maryland fall foliage as your backdrop.
Cozy Lodging for Autumn in Maryland
There’s nothing quite like spending a day outdoors during the Maryland fall foliage season. The weather is crisp and clear, the leaves are colorful and bright, and our Lakefront Inn will await your return. Slip into your fluffy robe, turn on the fire, and draw a bath—the perfect itinerary for a romantic evening in your luxury guest suite with your favorite person. As an adults-only resort, there’s always a sense of calm and quiet here, ideal for those looking to rekindle, nourish, or spark their romantic relationship.
We can’t wait to host you any time of year at Deep Creek Lake; book your next stay today!