Deep Creek Lake in McHenry Maryland is a perfect place for weekend getaways near Pittsburgh for couples. Just about two hours from the city, our small town surrounding the 11 mile lake offers many recreation options from hiking, boating, and skiing to romantic dinners, relaxing by the lake, and nearby antique shops and wineries. It’s a great place for a reset over the weekend and be ready to start all again on Monday.
When you start looking for weekend getaways near Pittsburgh for couples, distance is important. Deep Creek Lake is about 100 miles from the downtown core of Pittsburgh, which goes by in a flash if you’re with your special someone. It’s the ideal length for a road trip, not to mention that most of the drive is through the pastoral countryside and lush mountains of Maryland.
During the autumn months, this area becomes awash in striking fall colors which only add to the romance for your weekend getaways near Pittsburgh. Couples particularly enjoy staying at our luxury Deep Creek Hotel. We’re an adults only resort, so you’ll always have the peace and quiet needed to experience your special weekend getaways near Pittsburgh without interruption. Our guest suites are private and packed with amenities.
Start planning for your next couples weekend getaways near Pittsburg today and book your stay!
One of the Best Weekend Getaways near Pittsburgh
There are so many things to do at Deep Creek Lake. Thankfully, our Deep Creek Lake boutique hotel is the ideal location to experience these activities. You’ll be relieved and ready to head on back to our romantic Inn on the lake after a full day of skiing at Wisp Resort, hiking in the nearby parks and forests, or boating out on the water. Or for those who prefer a relaxing stay in, we have in-house spa options and cozy rooms you may not want to leave.
Here are our favorite things to do in Deep Creek for special weekend getaways near Pittsburgh:
- Outdoor adventures: There are a ton of parks and forested areas for amazing hiking in the Deep Creek Lake area. One of our favorites is exploring the trails at Swallows Falls State Park. The most popular attraction here is the 53-foot Muddy Falls for beautiful waterfall views.
- Skiing at Wisp Resort: Our Inn is conveniently located just across the way from this four-seasons ski resort and activity center. Many come from the city for weekend getaways near Pittsburgh to ski or snowboard, white-water raft, and zip line through the forest at Wisp.
- Boating on the Lake: Spending some time on the lake is a must on any weekend getaway to Deep Creek. During the autumn months, one of the best ways to take in the vibrant fall foliage is from the water. Boat rentals are available in town, but as a guest at our Inn you’ll have access to kayaks, canoes, and even a daily sailing on our pontoon boat (weather permitting.)
- A romantic drink or dinner out on the town: There are quite a few breweries and wineries nearby for a tasty adult beverage out with your date. We recommend Mountain State Brewing for a craft beer or visit Deep Creek Cellars for a wine tasting of their natural wines.
- Nearby towns for shopping: You’ll find some lovely scenic drives in our area out to some interesting places for antiques and souvenirs from your trip. The small town of Oakland MD is just about 20 minutes from our Inn for an impressive selection of antique malls, shops, and great finds!
- In-house massage: On any of your weekend getaways near Pittsburgh a spa visit is a must! Our Spa at our Deep Creek Lake Hotel is just the place for Swedish massage, hot stone therapy, or reflexology. It’s the best way to truly relax on your trip. Retreat back to your suite afterwards for a soak in a whirlpool tub or a stream shower session.
- Delicious breakfast on us: The dining room at our luxury Deep Creek Lake Hotel is the best place to be in the morning. We offer scrumptious scratch-made baked goods, sweet and savory entrees, and fruit dishes. We love to offer a big selection, so there’s always something for everyone.
Romantic Lodging for Couples at Deep Creek Lake
Perched on the water and surrounded by trees and gardens, our Deep Creek Lake Hotel is a serene haven of relaxation and calm. Tucked on a quiet nook of the lake, you’ll absolutely feel your stress wash away with each breath of our crisp Maryland fresh air. Start each morning with a stunning view of the lake, piping hot coffee, and a gourmet fresh breakfast spread.
When planning your weekend getaways near Pittsburgh, especially for couples retreats, you should really look no further than the Deep Creek Lake area and the Lake Pointe Inn. There are so many amazing outdoor activities for all seasons and our cozy, but spacious luxury Inn is the perfect place to call your home away from home. Check our upcoming fall and winter availability and book today!